Linksys Router Access Using classic web address Myrouter.local :
myrouter.local redirects user to an IP address 192.168.1.1 to access any Linksys router login page. Launch a web browser and type http://linksyssmartwifi.com or myrouter.local in the address bar of your browser. A login screen will appear then use username and password both as admin for local access; alternatively, you can log in to your Linksys smart wifi router using Linksys smart wifi username and password locally.
ERROR MESSAGE: PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED OR MYROUTER.LOCAL NOT WORKING
If you are getting any error message like error 404 or page cannot be displayed that means your myrouter.local not working because of any wired or network issue. Make sure your computer is connected wirelessly or wired with a Linksys router. If there is any forced IP assigned to LAN or WAN adapters then select automatically assign IP address option. The user can check the IP address of Linksys router by opening cmd>>ipconfig. If still the problem persists then try restarting Linksys router and try my router. local website again. Make sure firewall software are disabled, Kaspersky, Norton, avg block access to router login websites like myrouter.local or linksyssmartwifi.com. Make sure Java scripts are enabled on all browsers. Try resetting the browser or try using a different browser, if still the problem persists then reset the Linksys router to factory default using a paper clip or pin for 10 seconds. Router lights will flash momentarily, then open www.linksyssmartwifi.com or myrouter.local to access the Linksys router.
Linksys Router Firmware Upgrade
It’s recommended to upgrade Linksys router firmware to fix security vulnerability as well as to fix GUI bugs from Linksys Router. Linksys router firmware can be downloaded from the Linksys router support website. Connect your computer and Linksys router with an Ethernet cable to upgrade any Linksys router firmware. Then launch a web browser and type http://myrouter.local in the address bar of the browser. Login your Linksys router by using default username and password for Linksys router is admin in lower case. To prevent permanent loss to Linksys router, it’s recommended to upgrade router firmware using Ethernet cable rather than upgrading Linksys router firmware wirelessly. Make sure you are downloading correct firmware from the Linksys support website. Firmware file is by extension .bin or in some cases by name .bix or .img. Click on administration option >> firmware upgrade option >> select Linksys router firmware file >> click on browse option and then click on upgrade option. Make sure any external USB device is disconnected from the router. Do not click on the reset button and don’t disconnect the power cable from the Linksys router to prevent any kind of data loss. Upgrading Linksys router firmware will enhance its speed when Firmware upgrade is in progress. If you receive any error message as firmware upgrade failed or firmware file is incorrect then make sure you have downloaded correct firmware file or not. If still the problem persists then reset the router using the paper pin for 10 seconds, then refigure your Linksys router using classic web address myrouter.local. Select internet connection type and ON screen instructions and then try upgrading router firmware again. Sometimes when you successfully upgrade Linksys router then all router settings might get removed. In such cases try reconfiguring the Linksys router using myrouter.local or linksyssmartwifi.com.
Changing Linksys router administrator password:
The user can change the router admin login password to prevent the other users to access Linksys router settings. Devices which are connected to your Linksys router can access your Linksys router login page using default password admin. To prevent this, it’s recommended to change the default password of Linksys router. Open a web browser and type myrouter.local in the address bar of the browser. Fill the username and password as admin >> administration option. Then change the router admin password option. A drop-down menu will appear, enter your current login password i.e admin. Then enter new router admin password >> click on apply and save option.
Linksys Router Password Change :
If you want to change the default SSID and Wi-Fi Password of your Linksys router then connect your computer with an Ethernet cable with the router or you can connect your computer wirelessly. After this open myrouter.local and log in with the default username and password. Then click on the connection option >> wireless settings. Update new SSID and network key password. Then click save option. Network key password should minimum contain 8 characters.
LINKSYS SMART WIFI ROUTER FEATURES EA SERIES:
- SIMPLE CONVENIENT SETUP
- WPS ONE CLICK TO CONNECT DEVICES
- PARENTAL CONTROL
- DMZ FIREWALL
- MULTI MIMO TECHNOLOGY
- BEAMFORMING TECHNOLOGY
- SMART CONNECT
- ADD OR BLOCK DEVICES
- DYNAMIC DNS
- PORT FORWARDING TRIGGERING.
Linksys EA7300 Myrouter.local :
Linksys 7300 is a router which is based on Dual Band smart Wi-Fi and having single USB 3.0 port. It is entitled to support an appropriate amount of data or information i.e. for 5 GHz bands it supports 1300 Mbps of data and for 2.4 GHz band, it supports 450 Mbps of data. There are three dipole antennas on this router and these antennas are present externally and are adjustable and non-detachable. These antennas allow for extended network efficiency and improved dual-band communication. Linksys e7300 acts as a multi-tasking router that encompasses multiple features like the fastest speed, seamless roaming and 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, etc. It is a kind of next-generation Wi-Fi that helps in the elimination of buffering while surfing or downloading. It can serve multiple devices with the same high speed and at the same time. Linksys e7300 is basically a model number of the router whose model name is Linksys Max-Stream AC 1750 MU-MIMO Gigabit Router. It includes a button for Wi-Fi protected setup. There are various security features supported by Linksys e7300 like WEP, WPA2, and RADIUS with up to 128 bits encryption security key bits. It also supports FAT, NTFS, and HFS+ file system and almost all browser type like Latest versions of Firefox®, Google Chrome TM, Microsoft Edge, Safari®, Internet Explorer, etc. This device can operate in an adjustable and changeable temperature range i.e. from 0 to 40°C (32 to 104°F).
How to set up the Linksys EA7300?
It’s not a big deal to setup Linksys router. You just have to follow some easy steps and some troubleshooting tips which helps you to fix the errors while setting up the router.
- The very first step is to determine your equipment whether it is a modem router gateway or separate modem and router. In the case of gateway you have to leave the modem and the router connected as such but in another case, you have to disconnect the router from the modem.
- Next step is to provide power to the router and make the 3 antennas of the router positioned straight in the upward direction.
- Now, join it to the router – modem gateway or the separate modem. Take one end of the internet cable and insert it into the router’s yellow marked internet port. In the case of a modem, the cable is inserted into modem’s LAN port.
- After some time you will notice the Linksys LED blinks and wait until it stops blinking and gets a white light.
- There is a quick start guide available to you in which the Wi-Fi name is written. Now connect to that Wi-Fi name.
- You can change your router’s setting anytime and can connect any number of devices and also test the speed of your internet.
You have to make a Linksys Smart account to change the settings of the router. After that, you can manage the below-mentioned settings of the router.
- You can connect multiple devices to your network.
- You can set up a guest network for the guest having a separate password.
- You can set a time limit and block certain websites by using Parental Controls.
- You can check the internet connection speed.
- You can change the name and password of your router.
We are providing the solution here for some of the common messages you might get while Linksys Router Setup or while configuring the router.
If you get a message “Cannot access your router” then follow these steps:
- On the right side of the taskbar, you will have a network icon in the notification area. Click on it and you will have the network names of all the available networks around you.
- Locate the network name of your network and click on it. Click connect.
- It asks you to enter the security key or password for your network if you have set one before. Enter the same and click OK.
- Now, you are connected to the network and can access the router.
If you get a message “Your Internet cable is not plugged in” then try the following:
- Check the connection of Ethernet cable that is connected to your router and modem that either it is connected securely or not. One end should be connected to the yellow port on the router and another to the internet or Ethernet port of the modem. It should be tightly connected.
- Check the power switch of your modem. It must be on to have our modem in the ON position.
- If you have a cable modem then make sure the cable port of the modem is connected to the coaxial cable provided by Internet Service Provider.
- If you have a DSL modem then make sure DSL phone line is connected to the DSL port of the router.
- Now try to connect again.