The Linksys WRT3200x is not the latest one produced by Linksys but it is still in demand. This is because it has a user-friendly browser-based utility and by using this interface, you can easily set up the router. And another reason is, you can increase the capabilities of the router by using DD-WRT. It has an open source firmware which allows users to easily attach third-party tools. It works on 802.11g wireless standard technology and provides a speed of 54 Mbps. Your data is secured because it provides WPA/WPA2 and SPI firewall security. The best operating temperature for the router is 32 to 104F and operating humidity should be 10 to 85% no condensing.
You can easily set up the router by using its web browser utility. The browser-based utility ( MYROUTER.LOCAL AND LINKSYSSMARTWIFI.COM ) is so user-friendly that it can do almost all the work itself and you have to just provide verification or confirmation in some steps while setup. The Company also provided a user guide with the router itself. So, you can take help from it to set up the router. If you have issues that you are not able to resolve after reading the user guide then we are providing some troubleshooting tips here. So try these tips first to resolve your issues.
Troubleshooting tips to resolve some common issues
Your computer cannot connect to the Internet
- Your router must be in on position. To ensure this, check the power LED light on the front of the router. It should be green and stable.
- If the LED light in the above case is not stable then switch off all of your devices such as a router, computer, and modem. Now firstly switch on your modem or DSL then your router and lastly your computer.
- Please make sure the cables are connected correctly. The Ethernet cable from your computer must be connected to the LAN ports (numbered 1 to 4) of your router. And your modem wire must be connected to the internet port on the router.
Your modem does not have an Ethernet port
- The modem you are using is a traditional dial-up modem. You have to replace it with a cable modem to use the router. You will also require a high-speed Internet connection.( Myrouter.local )
The telephone line of the DSL modem does not fit into the Internet port of the router
- You cannot use your router in place of the modem. You have to buy a modem so that you can insert the telephone line or attach the telephone line to the modem and then your modem gets connected to your router. Follow the on-screen instruction after inserting the setup CD into your computer.
A username and password is asked to you every time you double-click on the web browser. So if you want to disable it then do the following:
- Open an Internet browser and go to Tools then Internet Options.
- Click on the connection tab with the help of mouse. ( Myrouter.local )
- You will see “Never dial a connection” option under the connection tab. Select it. And click OK.
Your router does not have a coaxial port on it for the cable connection
- The router does not have any coaxial port in any case. You have to purchase a modem if you want to use the router. We can say that without a modem you are not able to access the internet or by just having the router. You can insert the coaxial cable into the modem and then insert setup CD into your computer, follow the instruction thereafter to setup the router.
Your computer is unable to connect to the network wirelessly
- For the successful connection, your router and the computer must have the same network name. And also check for the wireless security used by both your computer and router. ( Myrouter.local )
You cannot use the DSL service to connect manually to the internet
- When you have successfully setup your router then it gets automatically connected to the ISP (Internet Service Provider). So there is no need to do it yourself. If you want to do then there are some steps you have to follow.
If you want to configure your router then open the configuration panel by following these steps:
- Launch an Internet browser window like Google Chrome.
- Enter the default IP address of your router in the URL bar. For the Linksys router, it is 192.168.1.1 and hit Enter key.
- A login screen displays. Enter the username and password in the respective fields. If you have not changed them then default is leave the username blank and type admin in the password field.
Now you can change any of the settings of your router like changing the admin password. If you have any issues regarding your Linksys router then connect with us via our live chat window you are viewing on the website. You will get an instant reply from us.